Mission is a way of life in Adventist education. In November, 42 Glendale Adventist Academy (GAA) students and five sponsors made their way to Houston, Texas, to serve the victims of Hurricane Harvey. Ben Garcia, GAA religion teacher, contacted any local church ...
After serving nearly two years as a communication intern, Lauren Armstrong was appointed to serve as the Communication director for the Southern California Conference, effective January 1, 2018. A graduate of Pacific Union College (’13), Armstrong earned a degree in Communication with an emphasis in Journalism and a minor in Business. She is currently studying ...
“But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.” 2 Corinthians 4:7 Pastor Kevin Camato chose to have this verse read at his ordination service in December. Prior to reading the verse, Orville Ortiz, SCC treasurer, shared Kevin’s reasoning. “This verse, I feel, is indicative of my ministry. God chose a fragile individual to portray His power.” Camato ...
• Vanila Singh, MD, MACM. Chief Medical Officer, Office of the Assistant Sec of Health, Department of Health & Human Services. Keynote Address –“The Health of Our Nation’s Children”
• Joan Sabaté, MD, DrPH, Executive Director, Center for Nutrition, Lifestyle, & Disease Prevention, LLU School of Public Health; Professor of Nutrition and Epidemiology at LLU, School of Public Health “Why Adventists are Interested in Health & Diet”
• Brenda Davis, RD, author, speaker “Optimal Nutrition for Vegetarian Pregnancy and Lactation” & “Nutritional Essentials for Vegetarian Babies & Toddlers”
• Vesanto Melina, RD, author, speaker, educator “Nutritional Essentials for Vegetarian Children & Teens”
• Fay Kazzi, RD, PhD candidate “How to Provide the Tools to Empower School Children and Their Parents to Make Healthier Choices”
• Esther Barton, BA, MA, Mom & teacher “Help, I’m Just a Mom – Speaking for Moms”
• Alma Guerrero, MD, MPH; Asst. Clinical Professor, UCLA Dept. of Pediatrics
Centennial Complex, Damazo Theater (free parking next to the Centennial Complex), Loma Linda University, 24760 Stewart St. (at Anderson St.), Loma Linda 92354. Register: AdventSource.org. Reg. fee: $125 thru Feb. 22; at the door $150. Students $99 thru Feb. 22; at the door $120.
Sponsored by Health Ministry Departments of the North American Division and Pacific Union Conference.
Info: Betty Cooney, 818-516-6508, email@example.com.