Do you ever wonder if God hears your prayers? Sometimes it’s easy to wish God would write the answers to our prayers in the sky or send lightning and thunder from the sky in response. But even when we don’t get the answers we want, or perhaps we don’t hear from God in the way we want, the Bible assures us that He is always listening.
The question isn’t whether or not God will answer our prayers. In fact, in Isaiah 65:24, we read that God starts to answer our prayers before we even pray them: “It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear.”
Keep reading for the seven prayers that you can be sure God will always answer.
1. The prayer for God’s will. God wants what is best for us, and when we ask for Him to fulfill His will in our lives, He won’t disappoint!
- Matthew 26:39 – He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”
2. The prayer for forgiveness. God wants forgiveness to touch our hearts. That’s why He asks for true confession — a confession that’s more than just words but comes from the heart. When we do, He will always forgive us and give us a fresh start.
- 1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
3. The prayer for peace. There are so many things in our world today that can interrupt our peace and feed feelings of anxiety and stress. But peace isn’t as elusive as it sometimes seems. Jesus promises to bring us peace. It’s ours to accept!
- John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
4. The prayer for more faith. It’s not always easy to trust in something you can’t see. But even telling God about your doubts and asking for the courage to have more faith can make the difference!
- Mark 9:24 – Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”
5. The prayer for wisdom. Every day, we are confronted with decisions. Some are small and others are life-changing. No matter how big or small, God wants us to bring everything that worries us to Him. When we do, He promises to give us wisdom.
- James 1:5 – If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
6. The prayer you don’t know how to pray. Have you ever felt like your soul is so deeply wounded that you can’t even find the words to pray? God answers those prayers, too.
- Romans 8:26 – Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
7. The prayer for opportunities to talk about Jesus. Sharing our faith can be intimidating. But if you’re willing to be used by God and you want others to experience the love of Jesus that you know, God will give you both the courage and the opportunity to tell others about Him.
- 1 Chronicles 4:10 – And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested.