This is a resource page for LA Metro Region pastors where you will find a growing list of resources for your ministry. Keep checking back (bookmark this page as needed), as we will keep updating this page over time.
SCC COVID-19 GUIDELINES FOR CHURCHES - UPDATED May 5, 2020
To most up to date guidelines were published May 5, 2020 and can be viewed by clicking ---> here.
If your church has not enrolled, please take a moment to review the video watch it and share with your church board members so that you may consider this option.
SCC COVID-19 RELIEF FUND
We recognize the financial strain that has resulted from the effects of COVID-19 shelter in place orders. In an effort to provide financial assistance, the Southern California Conference has set up a COVID- 19 Relief Fund that will help those most in need.
To give to this fund, or to submit an application for up to 5 church members, click here: https://scc.adventist.org/COVID-19-relief-fund
VIDEO ON HOW TO IMPROVE THE HOME STUDIO
To view Danny Chan's video on how to improve the home studio click here. Feel free to share with anyone who creates content for your worship services:
You can find other streaming resources here:
NORTH HILLS CHURCH STREAMING RESOURCES, presented by Tim Cress
Next Gen Resources
- Kids: https://orangekidmin.com/coronavirus/
- Students: https://orangestudents.com/coronavirus-digital-experience/
- Kids: https://open.life.church/resources/4631-online-children-s-services
Free Worship Service Platform
Games and Interactions
- Digital Games Playable Through Zoom: https://www.jackboxgames.com
- Other Zoom Games: https://healthoverhurry.wordpress.com/2020/03/23/zoom-youth-group-games/
- Quarantine Quarrels: https://store.northpoint.org/products/quarantine-quarrels-marketing-kit?_pos=1&_sid=5104348a3&_ss=r
Training Videos for Gathering Member Content
- How to video, video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWyrb7-vFt8&t=83s
- Digital Strategy Guide from Life Church: https://open.life.church/resources/4651-digital-ministry-strategy-guide
- Facebook Group Strategies: https://careynieuwhof.com/episode262/
Free Video Editing Software
- Free with some minor restrictions: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/
AFFORDABLE STREAMING OPTIONS FOR CHURCHES
Christ Watkins presented several affordable options for churches who have not set up a worship streaming solution for the post-Covid-19 era, or for those who wish to enhance their current streaming practices. To view the spreadsheet of recommended options, click here. In that document each product is a clickable link to a web page where items can be reviewed and purchased.
To reach Chris Watkins for consulting purposes you can email him at email@example.com
TOPICAL IDEAS FOR CONTENT DURING COVID-19
During our May 6 pastors Zoom meeting we shared the top web searches on the internet and discussed integrating some of these topics into our online content.
Here is the list of Top Web Searches During Covid-19:
- TRAVEL: travel insurance, virtual travel
- SELF EDUCATION: Free online courses, how to learn to play the piano (instrument) at home, how to homeschool for non-homeschoolers.
- PRODUCTIVITY: Working from home tips, wow to stay focused/productive at home
- FINANCE: Unemployment and budgeting tips
- RELATIONSHIPS: How to improve relationships with family (marriage, teens), How to communicate with unruly adult parents
- HEALTH: Indoor workouts, wow to get health insurance, how to strengthen immune system
- CLEANLINESS: Natural cleaning products, how to clean things
Cultivating Digital Communities Resources
NAD Resources & Good Ministry Practices During COVID-19 Era
NAD has posted a lot of relevant posts, with helpful suggestions ministering in Shelter in Place era on their website: https://www.nadministerial.com.
Free Web Streaming Resources
Free service streaming options:
Pono Lopez's Presentation Links
Pastor Matthew Lucio's Presentation Links:
Teleprompter App for phone and tablet (App suggestion by Danny Chan):