North American Division Links
- The North American Division Health Ministry Dept. is a good place to find many health ministry resources and webinars, as well as information about the annual Let's Move Day in September.
- Adventist Recovery Ministries (ARMin) is a program embraced by the North American Division Health Ministry Department. The ARMin mission statement is to "promote healing and freedom from harmful practices by providing resources and training to facilitate recovery."
- 1-minute videos on Health Facts with Hope. Produced by the North American Division Health Ministry Dept.
Videos - Health Research on Spirituality & Health - Connection between Religion & Health, Harold Koenig, MD, Duke University
Health Ministry - David Lowe, MD outlines the Health Ministry program he and his wife, Flo, have conducted in the Camarillo church for the last 40 years. (Very large file; play online)
Articles & Guidelines
- Planning a Year-Long Health Ministry Program
- Kaiser Hospital Plant-Based Diet Guide
- We Can Make the Next Generation Tobacco-Free (Click here for Spanish)
- No Tobacco Day image
- SCC Health Ministry Consumers' Guide – 2nd Edition 6.10
- General Principles of Health Ministry – Bob Stotz, MPH
- Alcoholics Anonymous observations from Dale Galusha
- Comprehensive Health Ministry Protocols
- InStep for Life
- Developing a Church-based Exercise Program – Kathy McFarland, DrPH, MPH, MN, RN
- Critical Incident Stress – What to Expect and How to Cope. These guidelines are used by the Police Dept. and were provided by SCC Youth Ministries Director Bob Wong, who is a Police Dept. Chaplain.
Spiritual Life Groups
A collection of resources on spirituality and health prepared by Bruce Nelson, Director of Chaplaincy, Glendale Adventist Medical Center.
- SCC Health Ministry Training Weekend Stress Track
- Studies Show Spirituality Benefits
- Project Proposal
- Stressed or Rest Narrative
- Stressed or Rest Diagram
- Designing Spiritual Life Groups Abstract
- Differential Cleaving of POMC
- Chemistry of Stress powerpoint
- Stress & Spirituality Continuum
- Growing Interest in Spirituality
2019 SCC Health & Spirituality Resources
- Vibrant Life magazine
- "Making a Yearly Health Plan for Your Church or Group”
- Health Ministry Resource List – Lorayne Barton MD, MPH
- 50 Plant-Based Films for sharing
- http://www.compasshealth.net/ – Free materials, videos about health by David DeRose, MD
- http://www.pcrm.org/health – Free resources about health and nutrition
http://www.vegparadise.com – List and review of vegetarian/vegan restaurants in Los Angeles County, plus recipes and other nutrition resources.
Medical Center Roster
- Adventist Health System West
- Adventist Health Glendale
- Adventist Health Simi Valley
- Adventist Health White Memorial
- Loma Linda University Medical Center
- Retirement Facilities in Southern California
Free Health Clinics
- See 2019 SCC Health Initiative Resource List (page 8) for list of free clinics in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Three Angeles Deaf Ministries is a ministry by and for deaf people that focuses on sharing Jesus with deaf people and educates those who hear about deaf ministry and culture so they better reach out to deaf people.
- Deaf Church Online is an Internet-based ministry developed to reach deaf people who desire to receive God's Word in their native language — American Sign language (ASL). Services in ASL are streamed live every Saturday at 11:30 a.m.
- Deaf Bible School Online is run by and for deaf people and offers Bible study courses online or by mail for the deaf and hard of hearing.